[3dem] postdoc available at UCSF

David A. Agard agard at msg.ucsf.edu
Wed Apr 17 21:39:53 PDT 2013

Postdoctoral Position in 3D macromolecular imaging

A postdoctoral position is available immediately in the HHMI laboratory of David Agard at UCSF. Multiple projects are available all utilizing cryoEM single particle or cryoEM tomography to examine structures of molecular chaperone complexes, microtubule nucleation machinery, or a newly discovered phage tubulin cytoskeleton within bacterial cells.

UCSF is a spectacular environment for cryoEM. We have a Polara, an F20 with 8k Tietz camera, a T20 and a T12, 2 Vitrobots, etc. Our Polara is equipped with 2 K2 electron counting cameras, one pre GIF and one post GIF. These, together with our optimized software for collecting and registering dose fractionated single particle and tomographic images to correct for beam induced motion, provide unprecedented image resolution.
The successful candidate should have a PhD or equivalent in structural biology or biophysics and previous experience in electron cryo-microscopy.

Candidates should contact Dr. Agard and include a CV, statement of research interests, and contact information for three references.

David A. Agard, Ph.D.
Howard Hughes Medical Institute and the
Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics
University of California at San Francisco
UCSF  MC 2240
600 16th Street,   room S412D
San Francisco, CA     94158-2517
(415) 476-2521  Phone    E-mail:    agard at msg.ucsf.edu