[3dem] Gatan and Leica

Anindito Sen emailanindito at yahoo.co.in
Mon Sep 17 22:05:29 PDT 2012

Hi Ed,

I have been using Leica Cryo GP regularly  in our lab. This instrument blots the sample loaded on the grid only from one side but does its job in a clean manner. The blot force can be set according the user's choice and doesnot break the carbon (depending on the setting).

Moreover, the user can set the position of the filter paper and the grid in the vertical direction  to get the best blot.

One of the advantage that I find is the ease of "loading" the Ethane in this instrument than in Vitrobot.

Some minor instrument errors like " Z axis motor error" appears appears on the display and   the instrument seize  to function and needs a complete restart. However, this occurs  occasionally.

Hope this helps.

Best Wishes

Dr. Anindito Sen (Ph.D)