[3dem] Lack of Lateral Views

Michael Radermacher Michael.Radermacher at uvm.edu
Fri Oct 5 16:52:57 PDT 2012

Dear Veer,

If you are just interested in seeing a few side views I would suggest
thick stain embedding. Uranyl acetate is not a good stain for this.
But for example PTA, Amonium Molybdate, NanoW may work well. UA will
work only if you mix it with Trehalose or similar. I have seen
membrane patches standing on their side in some of these stains.
Important is that the stain must be thick, i.e. embedding. You do this
by drying the grids very fast after wicking the last stain droplet.

Regards,

Michael

--
Michael Radermacher, Ph.D., Prof.