[3dem] Cryo-EM lab research scientist

Isabelle Rouiller isabelle.rouiller at mcgill.ca
Tue Oct 2 17:08:38 PDT 2012

Cryo-EM lab research scientist

We are looking for a research scientist to oversee cryo-EM operations within the Facility for Electron Microscopy Research (FEMR) at McGill University. FEMR is equipped with a Titan Krios, a Tecnai TF20, and a Tecnai G2 Spirit; further details of the facility can be found at our website: http://www.medicine.mcgill.ca/femr/

The primary responsibility of the candidate will be day-to-day operations of our Titan Krios. Other responsibilities will include: high-thoughput collection of both single particle and tomography data on the Titan Krios; training of new users on our Titan Krios and TecnaiF20 microscopes; training new users in image processing and reconstruction using both single particle and tomography approaches.

The candidate will be involved in ongoing research projects in the Rouiller and Kollman labs at McGill.  He or she will also be expected to contribute to strategic development of the cryo-EM group through interactions and collaborations with other groups at McGill and throughout the world. This person will participate in various aspects of research, including specimen preparation, collecting and processing data.

Candidates should have a minimum of 5 years experience in cryo-EM with different types of samples in single particle and/or tomography, have excellent communication skills, be able to function in a team, and have experience in training other users. They should also be able to begin the position by July 1, 2013.

Applicants should send their CV, list of publications, a concise statement of accomplishments and skills, research or career plan, and addresses of three references to: isabelle.rouiller at mcgill.ca

Applications will be reviewed as soon as they are received until the position is filled.