[3dem] faculty opening

Holzenburg, Andreas K holzen at tamu.edu
Thu Oct 4 07:29:52 PDT 2012

Dear Colleagues,
The following opening is an excellent opportunity for postdocs with faculty aspirations. I am especially encouraging individuals with solid skills in cryo-electron microscopy/tomography /image processing (i.e. 3dem expertise) and an interest in phage biology to apply. The successful candidate will be able to make use of the instrumentation located in the Microscopy & Imaging Center (MIC). The MIC website can be viewed at http://microscopy.tamu.edu/. Please feel free to contact me for any MIC-related questions prior to applying for this position as detailed below.

Sincerely,

Andreas Holzenburg  (CPT Faculty)

Assistant Professor
Tenure-track
Texas A&M University
Applications are invited for a tenure-track Assistant Professor position in either the Department of Biochemistry and Biophysics or the Department of Plant Pathology and Microbiology, depending on the credentials and professional goals of the successful candidate.  This search will fill the fourth position authorized for expansion of the Center for Phage Technology (CPT), an interdisciplinary center established by the Texas A&M University System Board of Regents in 2010 and focused on translating basic science into emerging bacteriophage technologies.  However, the search is not restricted to scientists with direct involvement in phage research.  We seek an exceptional scientist committed to establishing a nationally-competitive research program. There is heightened interest for applicants with expertise synergistic with understanding phage biology and its applications, particularly in the areas of synthetic biology, biophysics, structural biology, and bacteria-plant interactions. Nevertheless, the excellence of the individual candidate will take precedence over the area of special interest.  Competitive salary, start-up funds, laboratory space and access to instrumental cores will be provided.  The successful candidate will have a doctoral degree in a relevant field and be expected to teach courses in relevant disciplines.  Please send a PDF file that contains a cover letter, CV, research summary (past, present, and planned), a teaching statement and contact information for three professional references to: cpt at tamu.edu.  Applications received by October 30 will be guaranteed full consideration by the Search Committee, although review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
Equal Opportunity Employer

--
Dr. Andreas Holzenburg
Director, Microscopy and Imaging Center

Microscopy and Imaging Center
ILSB 1137
Texas A&M University
College Station, TX 77843-2257
USA

To schedule appointments, please contact my assistant Mildred Richards
mrichards at tamu.edu

Tel. 979-845 1164 | Fax 979-847 8933

http://microscopy.tamu.edu