[3dem] HPF, options?

Claude Antony antony at embl.de
Wed Feb 1 10:51:47 PST 2012

Dear David,
Yes indeed as Andy mentioned the Wohlwend Compact-2 is a very good
machine. You can also buy the HPM-10 (ex BALTEC machine) from
AbraFuild in Switzerland. It is exactly the same machine as the old
BALTEC HPM-010 machine and it is versatile accepts sapphire disks (3
mm in diameter). This machine has proven to be vitrifying for sure
samples ranging from bacteria to Drosophila embryo or C elegans.
Prices can be negotiated of course.
My best,
Claude

[FYI:
ABRA Fluid AG
                                               Industrie Nöllen

                                               Espenstrasse 135

                                               CH-9443 Widnau/
Switzerland

                                               Tel: 0041 71 722 7872

                                               email:  admin at abra-
fluid.ch ]

On Feb 1, 2012, at 4:38 PM, Paul Verkade wrote:

> Hi David,
>
> There is indeed the HPM100 from Leica but there is also the old
> HPM010 still sold through some companies and there is also the
> Wohlwend machine available. These are probably the cheapest around
> but less versatile. It all dpends what you want to do.
>
> Best,
> Paul
>
> Paul Verkade PhD
> Reader in Cell Biology
> Wolfson Bioimaging Facility
> Schools of Biochemistry and Physiology & Pharmacology
> Medical Sciences Building
> University of Bristol
> University Walk
> BS8 1TD Bristol
> United Kingdom
>
> tel.+44-117-3312179
> Fax. +44-117-3312168
> mail: p.verkade at bristol.ac.uk
> websites:
> http://www.bristol.ac.uk/biochemistry/research/pv.html
> http://www.bris.ac.uk/phys-pharm/research/staffresearch/
> paulverkade.html
> http://www.bristol.ac.uk/biochemistry/wbif
>
> On 1 Feb 2012, at 14:30, David Méndez Martín wrote:
>
>> Dear colleagues,
>>
>> Our lab has the possibility to purchase a HPF but not enough money
>> for EM PACT2. I´m thinking about the HPM100 but have never seen
>> it: anyone with this equipment that could send me some feedback?
>> Does it worth it? Are there any other valuable options in the market?
>>
>> Thanks a lot,
>>
>> David Méndez
>> www.bionand.es

Dr. Claude Antony
EM Facility/Cell Biology and Biophysics Programme

EMBL Meyerhof Str. 1
D-69117 Heidelberg
Germany
Tel 00 49 6221  387 241