[3dem] C-flats

Juha Huiskonen juha at strubi.ox.ac.uk
Wed May 25 02:19:10 PDT 2011

Dear Thorsten,

there is a version of C-flats which has got a thicker carbon. We have had good experiences with CF-2/1/2C-T. In our hands these are less fragile than the normal ones.

If there is frozen ethane on the grid after plunging,
I suspect that the carbon layer may break when this layer detaches from the grid during transfer to a grid storage box. To prevent ethane freezing on the grid, we use a mixture of ethane and propane with good results.

I have no experience on Vitrobot, however, we use Gatan CP3.

Best wishes,
Juha

--
Dr. Juha T. Huiskonen
Group leader, Academy of Finland Research Fellow

http://www.strubi.ox.ac.uk/strubi/research/huiskonen/
Email: juha at strubi.ox.ac.uk
Tel.: +44 1865 287 844
Mob.: +44 7576 505 422