[3dem] C-flats

James Riches james.riches at embl.de
Wed May 25 02:31:27 PDT 2011

Hi Thorsten,
	We had problems with a batch of C-flats that we got late last year. The
carbon broke apart if we used the normal glow discharge process that we
used for earlier batches and we had to greatly reduce the time that we
used to get most of the squares intact after plunging. Our carbon on
these grids also disintegrated under a focused beam. We also observed a
greater incidence of beam induced charging on these samples. You might
want to contact the people at Protochips. They seem to be aware of this
'thinning' problem with the carbon and they could probably tell you if
your batch might be affected.

Cheers,
Jamie

--