[3dem] Postdoctoral position open

Michael Radermacher mraderma at uvm.edu
Tue May 10 14:07:50 PDT 2011

A postdoctoral position is available in the laboratory of Prof.
Michael Radermacher at the University of Vermont, to study the
structure and function of complex I by 3D electron microscopy. The
work will require sample preparation, electron microscopy and data
processing with techniques well established in the laboratory.
Alternatively, depending on interest, emphasis can be placed on
improvement of image processing techniques in connection with the 3D
reconstruction of complex I.
The candidate we are looking for must have experience in 3D electron
microscopy or other biological structure determination methods (e.g.
X-ray crystallography, NMR, etc.). We have close interactions with
other research groups at UVM, in Medicine, Biochemistry, Microbiology
and Biology as well as Computer Science. The University of Vermont
offers a highly interdisciplinary and collaborative environment.
Applications should include a cover letter with an explanation of your
previous experience in 3D electron microscopy or structural biology
(very important), a CV, and names and addresses of three references.
Please email your application to mraderma[at]uvm.edu

--
Michael Radermacher, Ph.D., Prof.
University of Vermont

Tel: + 802 656-4834