[3dem] MRC image processing package release 2010

Short J jms at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk
Mon May 9 09:35:36 PDT 2011

     ANNOUNCEMENT OF NEW RELEASE OF MRC IMAGE PROCESSING PACKAGE

To keep up with new operating systems and compilers, we have updated the MRC
2D crystal and helical software to run under either GFORTRAN or G77 fortran
compilers. The software (image2010) has been tested under various flavours of
LINUX including RedHat LINUX Enterprise 5.6 and 6.0(Scientific LINUX), Mac/OSX
and Ubuntu.

There is no pressure for users to change but we will be maintaining only
image2010 programs here at LMB.  This release should be regarded as a
"beta test" and though most of the programs have been tested fairly extensively
we would be happy to hear about any problems that might arise (e-mails to
Jude Short:  jms at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk).

The file format is unchanged since 2000. Full specifications are described
in the documentation released with the software.

The MRC image processing system is available via ftp; please contact Jude at
jms at mrc-lmb.cam.ac.uk with your full institute address. You will then be
registered/re-registered and instructions for collecting the package will be
mailed to you. Your name and email address will be added to the list of outside
users in the file outside_users.doc found in /image2010/doc.  This may be useful
to you if you need to find someone near you who uses the programs.

	Jude Short and Richard Henderson        9-May-2011

Jude Short
MRC Laboratory of Molecular Biology
Hills Road, Cambridge, CB2 0QH, UK.
Tel : +1223 402039