[3dem] extracting tilt series from Jeol file extension .tmg

reinhard rachel reinhard.rachel at biologie.uni-regensburg.de
Tue May 3 06:27:57 PDT 2011

because I think this topic - raised by Joanne - is of general interest, also for the IMOD community, I'd like to reply briefly, including the IMOD list.
While I think this is (might be) of great value to all users (in particular those of JEOL TEM's), I would like to know the comments of David (Mastronarde), as he knows best what IMOD is able to handle (and the file *.st is the typical MRC stack for IMOD).
Do you know the tmg format?
what does really happen when you "adjust the contrast to positive readings" in imagej, and when you save these data as "32 bit"?
It sounds weird, to me. Originally, these were 16 bit data. - But I cannot look into the real numbers, the bits and bytes, before and after conversion, I have to admit.
kind regards,
Reinhard

--
Prof. Dr. Reinhard Rachel