[3dem] How close can a NMR machine be installed next to a TEM

Markus Grabenbauer markus.grabenbauer at mpi-dortmund.mpg.de
Fri Jan 28 05:27:49 PST 2011

Hi Henning

I guess, without magnetic field measurements in this room, nobody can
seriously estimate, which field compensation would be adequate for your
goals. We installed a 3 axis Helmholtz cage, which solved our problems,
similar to yours (not from NMR machine, but from a tramway close by).

You'll get a mail recommending the local companies which installed ours.

Greetings from Dortmund

Markus

______________________________________

Dr. Markus Grabenbauer

Max-Planck-Institut of Molecular Physiology
Department of Systems Cell Biology
Otto-Hahn-Str. 11
D-44227 Dortmund
Germany