[3dem] How close can a NMR machine be installed next to a TEM

Ron Milligan milligan at scripps.edu
Fri Jan 28 06:50:18 PST 2011

Henning,

We had a 600 within 4-5 M and there was no noticeable effect.  The
field falls off very rapidly in the horizontal direction and is
extremely constant - more constant and weaker than the earth's
magnetic field at these distances. And the field is never switched
off. If the machine does crash then you simply do a minor alignment.
Buy a "Gauss Maus" and you will find that all sorts of small innocent
looking lab equipment  are MUCH MUCH more of a problem....

Ron.