[3dem] FIB-SEM

Abrahan Hernandez abrahan.hernandez at ki.se
Mon Jan 24 08:37:54 PST 2011

Dear 3dem community,

I am performing data acquisition with a FIB-SEM (Focus ion beam- Scanning electron microscope) of metaphase chromosomes in a whole cell. My samples are stained pre-embedding with tannic acid (0.15%, for 1 min), Osmium tetra-oxide (2%, for 1 hour) and uranyl acetate (1%, fir 1 hour). We can see our structures (metaphases chromosomes) but the contrast is not so good, therefore I would like to ask you if you have any recommendation for improve the pre-embedding staining.

Best
-----
Abrahan Hernandez Hernandez, PhD
Postdoc
Department of Cell and Molecular Biology (CMB)
Berzelius Väg 35
Karolinska Institutet
S-171 77 Stockholm, Sweden
Phone: +46 (0)8 5248 7396