[3dem] correlative cryostage

Vladan Lucic vladan at biochem.mpg.de
Mon Jan 24 09:28:37 PST 2011

Dear Cheri and Joachim,

We have a working (FEI) cryo-LM stage in our department. It works with Zeiss
Axiovert 200M. We did not have to modify the LM, the stage was designed to
work with this microscope. As far as I know, the more recent Zeiss models need
to have the stage slightly adjusted. I'm not sure what is advertised regarding
multiple objectives, but we can change objectives during the operation, if
that's what you're asking.

The shape of objectives might be important, it works with somewhat conically-
shaped Zeiss objectives. However, I suspect that some of completely flat-top
objectives couldn't come close enough for a working distance of 2 mm.

Best,

Vladan

Vladan Lucic, PhD
Department of Molecular Structural Biology
Max Planck Institute for Biochemistry
Am Klopferspitz 18
D-82152 Martinsried, Germany

Phone: +49 89 8578-2647