[3dem] Ubuntu 9.10 on Intel X58 Express bother board mounted with i7 Processors

Anindito Sen emailanindito at yahoo.co.in
Thu Mar 4 14:36:36 PST 2010

Dear All
We are setting up a computer for image processing (with packages like EMAN, BSOFT, SPIDER etc) with Intel X58 Express bother board mounted with i7 Processors and the OS we loaded is Ubuntu 9.10 (64 bit).
It seems that the OS is missing the drivers for networking. To best of my knowledge previous Ubuntu versions had these things in there.
Have any one came across similar problems. Please share your experience in this regard and possible remedy if known.

Thanks
Dr. Anindito Sen (Ph.D)