[3dem] Postdoctoral Positions in cryo-electron microscopy and electron crystallography

Vera Moiseenkova-Bell vxm102 at case.edu
Thu Jan 28 05:49:10 PST 2010

*Postdoctoral Positions in cryo-electron microscopy and electron
crystallography*
Cleveland Center for Membrane and Structural Biology (CCMSB) and the
Department of Pharmacology at Case Western Reserve University (CWRU) invites
applications for Postdoctoral Positions in cryo-electron
microscopy/tomography and electron crystallography to lead world-class
research.

 Our team is involved in studying a variety of biological systems by
electron microscopy, electron crystallography, and tomography and has
several open positions for interested candidates. Our focus is on the
structure and function of membrane proteins and large macromolecular
complexes. Special interests are telomeres, TRP channels, 2PK channels,
cyclicnucleotide-gated channels and aquaporins.

We are seeking scientist with a background in either:
1)  biochemistry and cell biology, preferably with experience in
cryo-electron microscopy or conventional electron microscopy preparation
techniques (chemical fixation, high-pressure freezing and freeze
substitution).
2) engineering and/or computer science to develop image processing
algorithms for single particle cryo-EM applications, electron tomography,
and 2D crystallography.
3) Experience in 3D crystallography is a plus as well.

The lab is equipped with an FEI Tecnai F20 and Tecnai 12 electron
microscopes. All positions are funded for several years.

If you are interested, or for further information, please contact: Andreas
Engel (Andreas.Engel at case.edu), Vera Moiseenkova-Bell (vxm102 at case.edu)
or Derek Taylor (djt36 at case.edu). To learn more about the CCMSB or the
Department of Pharmacology at CWRU, please visit: http://ccmsb.case.edu and
 http://pharmacology.case.edu/ <http://pharmacology.cwru.edu/>