[3dem] Cooling water supply for microscopes

Christopher Gilpin christopher.gilpin at utsouthwestern.edu
Fri Sep 25 15:31:07 PDT 2009

Hi,

Building chilled water cooled here too with no cooling probelms. One word of
caution - we recently had a hose clip work loose and the inlet hose to the
chiller came off - building chilled water here is close to 100 psi and
seemingly endless! - At least it happened during work hours. We are now
working with our physical plant to have some type of cut-off valve fitted in
case it happens again.

Regards

Chris

Christopher J Gilpin Ph.D.
Assistant Professor
Director, Molecular and Cellular Imaging Facility
K1.A04
UT Southwestern Medical Center at Dallas
5323 Harry Hines Boulevard
Dallas, TX 75390-9039
Phone +1 214 648 2827
Fax +1 214 648 6408