[3dem] simulated micrograph for ctf determination?

Alexandre Cunha cunha at caltech.edu
Fri Sep 11 00:08:39 PDT 2009

We are also interested in something similar. We searched but didn't find
programs that can take a known protein complex, for example from the PDB, and
automatically generate random noisy projections similar to what could be a real
single particle experiment. Ideally we would like to be able to control image
properties (level and type of noise, CTF, etc.) so to parameterize and quantify
our classification methods accordingly.

Any recommendations are really appreciated.

- Alex.