[3dem] simulated micrograph for ctf determination?

Steven Ludtke sludtke at bcm.edu
Thu Sep 10 17:18:03 PDT 2009

There are several programs which will do this. For my part, you can
use ctfit or applyctf  in EMAN1. However,
even with realistic pink noise added, these images still remain an
imperfect simulation of real images. Different
programs use different strategies for the raw image processing
(working with the whole micrograph, boxed out
particles, boxed out carbon film, etc.), so it's hard to come up with
a single uniform test for them all...

Steven Ludtke, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Dept. of Biochemistry and Mol. Biol.      Those
who do
Co-Director National Center For Macromolecular Imaging	           ARE
Baylor College of Medicine                                     The
converse
sludtke at bcm.edu  -or-  stevel at alumni.caltech.edu               also
applies
http://ncmi.bcm.edu/~stevel