[3dem] Postdoctoral Position in single particle cryo-EM Methodology (plus a possible PhD studentship)

Marin van Heel m.vanheel at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Nov 18 09:10:25 PST 2009

*POSTDOCTORAL POSITION AVAILABLE *

We have a postdoctoral position available in our group based at Imperial
College London.  This BBSRC funded position is aimed at improving
methodology in single-particle cryo-EM.  Depending on the candidate,
this position can be aimed at software development and data processing,
or/and at cryo-EM data collection.  The position is available
immediately and will remain open until the right candidate has been
identified.   Our grant is for processing huge data sets of biological
molecules in a mixture of functional / structural states. We study a
number of biological complexes including small (~100k) molecules,
ribosomes and icosahedral viruses. Candidates with a background in
cryo-EM, X-ray crystallography, physics, chemistry, biology, computer
sciences, mathematics, or other related fields are encouraged to apply!

Please send an email including your CV to myself and to our
administrator  (m.vanheel at ic.ac.uk <mailto:m.vanheel at ic.ac.uk>  and
_mvh.office at gmail.com_ respectively).

Marin van Heel

(PS: An additional PhD studentship is likely to become available in
January 2010)

    Marin van Heel

    Professor of Structural Biology

    Division of Molecular Biosciences
    Faculty of Natural Sciences
    Imperial College London
    Biochemistry Building
    South Kensington Campus
    London SW7 2AZ,        UK

    Tel:        + 44 (0)20 7594 5316
    Fax:        + 44 (0)20 7594 5317

    e_mail: m.vanheel(A_T)ic.ac.uk
    and:    <vanheel.office(A_T)ic.ac.uk>
    and:    mvh.office(A_T)gmail.com
    private email:   marin.vanheel(A_T)gmail.com
    web:    www.cbem.ic.ac.uk