[3dem] Fwd: Recruiting an electron microscopist

Gina Sosinsky gina at ncmir.ucsd.edu
Mon Nov 16 16:48:35 PST 2009

I am forwarding this message to the 3dem list on behalf of Stuart
Ralph. If interested, please respond to him directly.

Thanks,
Gina Sosinsky

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Stuart Ralph <saralph at unimelb.edu.au>
> Date: November 11, 2009 10:07:33 PM PST
> To: gina at ncmir.ucsd.edu
> Subject: Recruiting an electron microscopist
>
> Dear Gina,
> My name is Stuart Ralph from The Bio21 institute within The
> University of
> Melbourne.
> My group is interested in the molecular cell biology of Plasmodium
> parasites, and we want to recruit a post-doc with expertise in
> electron
> microscopy, preferably with tomography experience, to investigate the
> interactions between red blood cells and the infectious erythrocytic
> stages
> (merozoites) of the parasite.
> The job would be based here in the Bio21 institute at the University
> of
> Melbourne, and co-supervised by Dr Jake Baum at the Walter and Eliza
> Hall
> institute ( http://www.wehi.edu.au/faculty_members/dr_jake_baum ).
>
> If you know of anyone in your department who is looking
> for a post-doctoral position, I would certainly appreciate it if you
> could
> pass on my contact details. Postdoc conditions and pay are good here
> in
> Australia (starting salary is equivalent to USD$61-66k pa), the EM
> facilities in the Bio21 institute are excellent
> (http://www.bio21.unimelb.edu.au/platform-technologies/electron-microscopy
> ),
> and we have money for three years for this project.
> Very best regards,
> Stuart Ralph
> Stuart A. Ralph
> Department of Biochemistry & Molecular Biology,
> Bio21 Molecular Science and Biotechnology Institute
> The University of Melbourne, Victoria, 3010 AUSTRALIA
> Email saralph at unimelb.edu.au
> Telephone +61 3 8344 2284
> Fax: +61 3 9348 1421
> http://www.biochemistry.unimelb.edu.au/research/res_ralph.html

Gina Sosinsky, Ph.D.

Professor-in-Residence
National Center for Microscopy and Imaging Research
Dept. of Neurosciences
University of California, San Diego
1070 Basic Science Building
9500 Gilman Drive