[3dem] POSTDOCTORAL POSITION AVAILABLE IN CRYO-EM OF MACROMOLECULAR COMPLEXES

Montserrat Samso msamso at zeus.bwh.harvard.edu
Wed Nov 18 14:54:02 PST 2009

POSTDOCTORAL POSITION AVAILABLE IN CRYO-EM OF MACROMOLECULAR COMPLEXES

A postdoctoral position is available immediately in the Samso
laboratory in the Department of Anesthesia at Brigham and Women's
Hospital, Boston, MA. Our group focuses on the structural analysis of
macromolecular complexes using cryo-electron microscopy and single-
particle analysis. Areas of interest include ion channels and
cytoskeletal proteins.

The laboratory is fully equipped for all aspects of biochemistry and
molecular biology and has direct access to the electron microscopy
facility at Harvard Medical School, situated 500 ft away from our
laboratory. Our laboratory is a member of the Structural Biology high-
performance computing platform at Harvard Medical School.

Qualifications include a Ph.D. degree with experience in structural
biology, electron microscopy, and/or image processing.  Interested
candidates should send a cover letter with a full CV including areas
of expertise and interest, publications list, and name and contact
information of three referees to:

Montserrat Samso, PhD
Assistant Professor
Department of Anesthesia, MRB 509
Brigham and Women's Hospital
75 Francis St
Boston, MA 02115
Tel: 617 7328107
Fax: 617 7302801
Email: msamso at zeus.bwh.harvard.edu

Applications will be reviewed as they are received and until the
position is filled.  Brigham and Women's Hospital is an equal
opportunity employer committed to diversity.