[3dem] vitrobot humidifier

Rachel Scherer rachel at bio.umass.edu
Thu Mar 12 13:23:11 PDT 2009

Our "Mark I" vitrobot has not beenused for several months. The
humidifier is not behaving well, not always responding to either the
"enable" button on the software, or to the humidity set point. We can
see that the red light inside the water chamber that comes on when the
humidifier is running sometimes is quite dim, sometimes bright, and this
A: seems to be indicating when it is working properly (bright=on) and B:
not something anyone ever noticed about it before - it always seemd to
be ON or OFF with no intermediate (and dysfunctional) state.
I will add though, that form day one, the humidifier has always been
wonky in its response ot set point and whether or not it resonded fist
time to the enable/disable toggle on the software.
Anyone seen anything similar? More important - anyone know how to fix?
We do not have a service contract.
-Rachel Scherer
UMASS Amherst

Rachel Scherer			rachel at bio.umass.edu