[3dem] Image Processing positions at the University Basel

Henning Stahlberg henning.stahlberg at unibas.ch
Wed Jun 24 05:35:34 PDT 2009

PhD, Postdoctoral or Senior Scientist Positions Available
in Image Processing and/or Software Development at the University Basel
Center for Cellular Imaging and Nano Analytics (C-CINA)
Biozentrum, University Basel, Switzerland

The Center for Cellular Imaging and Nano Analytics is studying several
biological systems by cryo electron tomography, single particle cryo-
EM and electron crystallography. The lab is excellently equipped,
housing among other instruments a FEI Titan Krios. Projects include
the imaging of cellular proteomes with a single particle/electron
tomography approach, and the study of the structure, function, and
complex formation of membrane proteins, secretion systems, and DNA-
binding protein complexes.  I recently moved from UC Davis to the
University Basel. We are now setting up a new research group in Basel,
and have several open positions in the areas of cryo-EM imaging, image
processing, and software development.

We are looking for individuals to participate in the image processing
of electron tomography and single particle cryo-EM data. Experience
with single particle processing (e.g. SPIDER, Frealign, etc.) and/or
electron tomography 3D reconstruction (e.g. iMod, UCSF tomography, or
TOM) would be welcome. In addition, we are looking for a members of
our software development team. Available projects concern the testing
and implementation of new algorithms for electron crystallography and
electron tomography image processing, the maintenance and further
development of electron crystallography software (see 2dx.org), and
the development of a software module for the refinement of tomography
3D reconstructions.

The positions are funded for several years.

If you are interested, or for further information, please contact me at:

Henning Stahlberg
Center for Cellular Imaging and Nanoanalytics (C-CINA)
Structural Biology and Biophysics, Biozentrum,
WRO-1058, Mattenstrasse 26
University Basel, CH-4058 Basel, Switzerland
Tel: +41-61-387 32 62 (office)
Tel: +41-61-387 32 31 (Karen Bergmann, administrative assistant)
Fax: +41-61-387 39 86
mailto:Henning.Stahlberg at unibas.ch
http://stahlberglab.org
http://2dx.org