[3dem] Cygwin trouble

Steven Ludtke sludtke at bcm.edu
Sun Jul 19 11:25:39 PDT 2009

Hi Anindito. EMAN2 directly supports windows (as fully as we can
manage, please report problems), and has no
need for Cygwin. EMAN1 supports windows only partially.  Due to the
number of dependencies, we don't support
Cygwin. Our view in general is that if  you're enough of a hacker to
use cygwin, you should just be using Linux...
That said, it may be possible to get it working under cygwin, we just
don't support it...

Steven Ludtke, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Dept. of Biochemistry and Mol. Biol.      Those
who do
Co-Director National Center For Macromolecular Imaging	           ARE
Baylor College of Medicine                                     The
converse
sludtke at bcm.edu  -or-  stevel at alumni.caltech.edu               also
applies
http://ncmi.bcm.edu/~stevel