[3dem] Cygwin trouble

Anindito Sen emailanindito at yahoo.co.in
Sat Jul 18 23:09:59 PDT 2009

Dear All
It has been several months of struggle to set up Cygwin on couple of machines and run packages CHIMERA, EMAN, BSOFT and SPIDER. While we downloaded Cygwin from some different sources on the web, none of them, unfortunately, provided all the necessary libraries for running all of these successfully. While we donot face problems with our LINUX boxes or Macs, we are unable to resolve the above mentioned issue.
Please share with us of any source (weblink) where we can download Cygwin and run the above packages successfully or how do we update or upgrade the present Cygwin package on our machines.
Thank you
Andy

PS: We may also try to use XMIPP (if not asking for too much).