[3dem] is it possible to place vitrbo in biosafety Class II B cabinet?

Wanzhong He dbshw at nus.edu.sg
Sun Jan 11 23:28:27 PST 2009

Dear all,

 Due to the limitted room size, it is difficult to fit both biosafety cabinet class II A and fume hood ( proposed for placing  vitrobot) into our samll sample preparation room. So we are checking whether is possible to combine the the biosafety cabinet and fume hood as one?  For example, using Biosafety cabinet class II B for placing the vitrobot. Will it be a safety issue using a little flammable ethane into the Biosafety cabinet class II B?

Thanks in advance!

Wanzhong