[3dem] GATAN freezing machine

Chen Xu xuchen at brandeis.edu
Wed Feb 4 13:55:27 PST 2009

Koji,

Maybe my second point was not entirely clear. We have actually done
single-sided blotting with both CP3 and Vitrobot. In our Vitrobot model,
we replaced the filter paper on one pad with plastic. This is not ideal,
of course, because it still touches the sample. The situation is
improved in the CP3 because you can actually take out one pad. One still
has to be very careful with the alignment of the forceps, however, to
make sure that the filter paper on the other pad reaches it and blots
properly.

Hope this help.

-Chen

* Chen Xu <xuchen at brandeis.edu> [090204 11:38]: