[3dem] GATAN freezing machine

Guenter Resch guenter.resch at imba.oeaw.ac.at
Wed Feb 11 00:40:17 PST 2009

Dear All,

over the past year, we have been working with Leica Microsystems on a
new plunge freezing device. In the context of this discussion, this
development might be of interest because it features single sided
blotting as requested in this thread several times.

As in the other instruments on the market, the grid sits in a humidity
and temperature controlled chamber prior to plunging into ethane.
Blotting is very simple and accurate and can be automatically carried
out from either side of the grid due to a grid rotation function
(automatic or manual).

This new plunge freezing system will be available in May. If you
require any further information, I suggest to contact
Ian.Lamswood at leica-microsystems.com

Best regards,

	Guenter

--
Dr. Guenter Resch, IMP/IMBA Electron Microscopy Facility
Email: guenter.resch at imba.oeaw.ac.at, resch at imp.ac.at
Phone: +43 (1) 79044-4250; Fax/Voice Mail: +43 (1) 79044-224250
Post: Dr. Bohr-Gasse 3 - 1030 Vienna - Austria, European Union