[3dem] Carbon evaporator

Yen-Ju Chen chen.yj at nsrrc.org.tw
Sun Oct 19 20:34:46 PDT 2008

Dear Colleagues

   We are considering to get a carbon evaporator here.
   The available model would be EMITECH K950X.
   I am wondering whether it is necessary to make our own carbon film
   while carbon-coated copper grids are available on the market.
   Is it worth to buy a carbon evaporator if we are only focusing on
single-particle reconstruction
   and tomography with cryo-EM or with negative stain.

   We will appreciate your comments on this issue.

   Regards

--
Yen-Ju Chen
Assistant Scientist