[3dem] Clip ring question

Eduardo Sanz Garcia esanzgar at gmail.com
Mon Nov 24 18:36:15 PST 2008

It seems to me that my clip ring doesn't lock the sample as well as my
cryo holder used to do it. I have some times the impression that the
clip ring is lose.
Two month ago, or so, when I inserted the clip ring it made two
notorious "clicks". Now, I am not able to hear that sound.
Is there any problem with that?
I see the potential problem that the temperature is not transmitted
effectively between the holder and the sample if the clip ring doesn't
lock well. Is this a real concern?
Do the clip rings need some maintenance (plasma cleaning...)?

Thank you very much.