[3dem] Thinner ice after several microscope uses

Chipman, Paul R paulrc at bilbo.bio.purdue.edu
Tue Nov 25 08:38:12 PST 2008

Yes it is important to cool the trap prior to inserting the cold holder,
though I've never tried to quantitate the contamination.  We cool the
cryo-blades at least 30 minutes prior to inserting the cryo-holder.  We
wait an additional 45 minutes before opening the shield on the
cryo-holder.  The cryo-cycle is run every time the cryo-holder is used;
almost every night.  I've not seen any correlation between ice thickness
and insertion number.

Cheers,
Paul