[3dem] EM sample in high salt

Hong-Wei Wang hwwang at lbl.gov
Mon Jul 7 15:49:45 PDT 2008

Peijun,

You may want to consider using the cryo-negative staining protocol developed by Sacha De Carlo et al. on your specimen. We noticed that the saturated ammonium molybdate seems to mimic the high salt condition pretty well (particles that dislike high salt dissociate in the stain solution).

Hongwei
Hongwei Wang, Ph D
742 Stanley Hall
Berkeley, CA 94720