[3dem] commercial carbon grids

Ishikawa Takashi ishikawa at mol.biol.ethz.ch
Wed Feb 27 05:19:39 PST 2008

Dear all,

Does anybody know good commercial continuous carbon grids? We used to buy one from Quantifoil,

but we cannot make good negative staining with their continuous carbon grids, even with long glow

discharge (meanwhile we are happy with their holey carbon grids for cryo). They look much more

hydrophobic than hand-made carbon grids and mostly negative staining becomes positive staining.

We are happy if we can buy suitable carbon grids for negative staining.

Best,

Takashi

Takashi Ishikawa
Research Scientist / Group Leader
Department of Biology
Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (ETH Zürich)
ETH Hönggerberg, HPK F7
CH-8093 Zürich, Switzerland
phone: +41 44-633-2462
Fax:  : +41 44-633-1073