[3dem] situs map to ccp4

Willy Wriggers wriggers at biomachina.org
Sat Dec 13 16:57:27 PST 2008

Hi,

Michael Schatz and I are currently discussing adding the Situs format to
em2em. If you want to help test compatibility and conversion please let
us know.

As David suggested "Situs format" is essentially an ASCII text stream of
densities, after deleting the first line (i.e. the first seven values,
which are: cubic  voxel spacing and numbers of x, y, and z increments,
as well as the 3D coordinates of the first voxel). In the early years we
did not expect to make this a new format, but Situs files are now
recognized e.g. by VMD, Sculptor, and Chimera.

BTW, I am still "around". Situs is nearly 10 years old but still useful,
so I'm maintaining it in New York in my free time, with voluntary
contributions from the community. Feel free to send requests and
questions to "situs at biomachina.org".

Willy

Willy R. Wriggers, Ph.D.
D.E. Shaw Research    | Department of Physiology & Biophysics /
39th Floor, Tower 45  | The Institute for Computational Biomedicine
120 West 45th Street  | Weill Cornell Medical College
New York, NY 10036    | 1300 York Avenue, Box 75
Tel. (212) 403-8131   | New York, NY 10065
Fax (646) 873-2131    | URL: http://wriggers.biomachina.org