[3DEM] Postdoctoral position at the University of Oxford

Robert Gilbert gilbert at strubi.ox.ac.uk
Tue Apr 11 10:02:58 PDT 2006

**** Messages to this list are automatically archived ***
**** Please limit quoting of previous postings to the bare minimum ****

Division of Structural Biology, University of Oxford, UK.

Post-doctoral research scientist, salary range £20,044 - £30,002.

We are using a combination of X-ray crystallography and cryo-EM to determine the structures of eukaryotic ribosomes undergoing translation initiation and during elongation. To help us further develop our programme, we are seeking to appoint a post-doctoral research assistant, initially funded for three years by the BBSRC. The project will build on recent work that has elucidated the mechanism of -1 ribosomal frameshifting induced by viruses such as SARS and HIV (Namy et al., Nature, in press). The successful candidate will be expected to have experience in the structural analysis of macromolecular complexes, with a background in a major subdiscipline of structural biology.

Closing date for applications: 18th May 2006.

Informal enquiries should be addressed to Dr Robert Gilbert (gilbert at strubi.ox.ac.uk, Tel. 0044 1865 287535).

Information on the web: http://www.strubi.ox.ac.uk/people/gilbert