TEM: sucrose in cryo-specimens

D. Prabha Dias, PhD prabha at caltech.edu
Wed Jan 29 09:08:57 PST 2003

I've been able to freeze samples with >5% sucrose by washing the
sample once on the grid.  I would think 1% sucrose would wash out
very easily, if you need to do it at all. As for image quality, I can
only tell you that they are qualitatively comparable to samples
without sucrose.  Does anyone have any data on this?

-Prabha

--
D. Prabha Dias, Ph.D.
Division of Biology, California Institute of Technology

phone: (626)395-8829
fax: (626)395-5730
email: prabha at caltech.edu

with the words
unsubscribe 3dem
in the body of the message.
Do not send unsubscribe messages to the entire list