convert tld to other format

Jaap Brink brink at fire.3dem.bioch.bcm.tmc.edu
Tue Jan 14 17:14:32 PST 2003

Dear Liang,

try EMAN package from Steve Ludtke available at http://ncmi.bcm.tmc.edu.
It has a built-in converter for the Zeiss format to a number of other
formats, among those are pnm, tiff and mrc. Once there, you could use any
other converter to go to other formats. You'll find it particularly
usefull. And, no, tld does not stand for tiled, as was suggested ;-). The
tiff files that the Zeiss program puts out are indeed in tiled format, but
still basically tiff-format. Not so with tld.

Cheers,

Jaap Brink
-------------------------
Standard disclaimer:
Opinions expressed here are mine alone and should not be considered
representative and/or similar to those of my employer's.

Jaap Brink, Ph.D., TEM Biological Applications Manager,
JEOL USA, Inc., 11 Dearborn Rd., Peabody MA 01960
email: jbrink at jeol.com

On Mon, 13 Jan 2003, Liang wrote:

> Hi, 3D-EMers,
>
> Does anybody know if there is a standalone program to convert tld format
> to other readable formats such as mrc, tif, pif, etc ? It looks to me
> EM2EM doesn't do that.
> I have to reprocess a couple of cryoEM images which were scanned on a
> Zeiss scanner and stored in tld format. The software for our Zeiss
> scanner was upgraded and never supports the old, UNIX-based tld format.
> And there is nowhere to find the data format of the tld so that one can
> write a application to do the conversion.
>
> Thanks.
> Liang
> --
>
> Liang Tang
> Department of Molecular Biology, MB-31
> The Scripps Research Institute
> 10550 North Torrey Pines Road
> La Jolla, CA 92037
> Voice:	858-784-8646(lab)
> Email:	tangl at scripps.edu
> HTTP://viper1.scripps.edu/~tangl
with the words
unsubscribe 3dem
in the body of the message.
Do not send unsubscribe messages to the entire list