[3dem] Postdoc position in Structural Biology

Matthies, Doreen (NIH/NICHD) [E] doreen.matthies at nih.gov
Wed May 8 15:47:13 PDT 2024

Dear 3dem community,

A fully funded postdoctoral position starting at $ 65,100 USD is available in the Unit on Structural Biology at the Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD) on the main NIH campus in Bethesda, MD, USA. We seek highly motivated, talented and creative postdoctoral researchers interested in the structure and function of membrane protein complexes with a focus on magnesium signaling. We encourage candidates with a variety of backgrounds including molecular biology, biochemistry, biophysics including structural biology and computational biology to apply. Methods in the lab include cloning, expression in bacteria, yeast and mammalian cells, sub-cellular fractionation, protein purification and characterization, negative staining electron microscopy (EM), cryo-EM, cryo-FIBSEM, cryo-electron tomography (ET), image processing, molecular modelling, etc.
We have regular excess to a 300 kV Titan Krios equipped with a GIF-K3, a 200 kV Glacios with Selectris-Falcon 4i, a Helios 5 Hydra CX plasma FIBSEM arriving in June 2024, and a 200 kV T20 and a 120 kV T12 both equipped with a K2. We have access to extensive computational resources including High-Performance Computing at NIH as well as individual GPU workstations. Our wet lab and nearby window office spaces were recently renovated.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in experimental and/or computational structural biology, have good communication skills, enjoy research and wanting to contribute to a positive collaborative environment.
To Apply:
An application package including a cover letter detailing the background of the applicant, goals and interests; CV and the contact information for three references should be submitted by e-mail to Doreen Matthies (doreen.matthies at nih.gov<mailto:doreen.matthies at nih.gov>).

---
Doreen Matthies, PhD
Earl Stadtman Tenure Track Investigator
Head, Unit on Structural Biology
Division of Basic and Translational Biophysics
Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD)
National Institutes of Health (NIH)
Building 29B, Room 2N02B
29 Lincoln Drive
Bethesda, MD 20892