[3dem] Dynamight in relion 5

Sepideh Valimehr s.valimehr at unimelb.edu.au
Sun Jun 23 01:29:48 PDT 2024

Dear all,
I am trying to use Dynamight in Relion 5, but it takes ages for every step. The sample is a membrane protein. It's a dimer, and each monomer has 588 amino acids. I have a ~4Å resolution map in cryoSPARC and took the particles (700,000) to Relion to use Dynamight. The box size is 300 and I used 2400 Gaussians.
To ensure everything was fine, I ran a refinement in Relion and used the particles from this refinement as input for the Dynamight job. However, it took more than two weeks to reach Epoch 61 for deformation estimation. I terminated this job and used a subset of particles (200,000). It took around two weeks to perform the first step for this subset, and then I couldn't visualize the results in Napari. Although Napari eventually opened, it was frozen.
Am I doing something wrong? Is there any way to speed up the process?
 I appreciate any help you can provide.
Bests,
Sepideh

Sepideh Valimehr | PhD

Research Fellow

Ian Holmes Imaging Center | Bio21 Molecular Science & Biotechnology Institute |The University of Melbourne

ARC Centre for Cryo-electron Microscopy of Membrane Proteins (CCeMMP)

30 Flemington Road, Parkville Victoria 3052

T: +61 3 8344 5589 E: s.valimehr at unimelb.edu.au<mailto:s.valimehr at unimelb.edu.au>

I acknowledge the Traditional Owners of the land on which I work, and pay my respects to the Elders, past and present.

[cid:560157fd-ad3b-4eab-b900-5e32088e16d9][cid:8c455fc8-a303-4597-bbf6-94a90686a38c]