[3dem] Postdoctoral position in cryo-EM structural biology at Harvard Medical School

Weitz, Charles J. charles_weitz at hms.harvard.edu
Wed Jul 24 10:11:03 PDT 2024

Postdoctoral position in cryo-EM structural biology at Harvard Medical School

We are seeking an outstanding, highly-motivated postdoctoral fellow to join our team in the cryo-EM structural analysis of the endogenous multi-protein machines comprising the mammalian circadian clock, a molecular oscillator present in all or nearly all cells that drives daily rhythms of gene expression, physiology, and behavior.

Requirements for this position are a Ph.D. degree and expertise in biochemistry and structural biology, including experience in cryo-EM structure determination.  Our initial studies (e.g., Aryal et al., Mol. Cell, 2017) provided the first basic structural view of native circadian clock machinery from a eukaryote.  We have made progress in single-particle cryo-EM analysis of native circadian clock complexes purified from mouse tissues, and we aim to obtain high-resolution structures.  A successful outcome would have a revolutionary impact on our understanding of biological timekeeping and help create a new field of research in circadian biology.

Interested candidates should contact Chuck Weitz at cweitz at hms.harvard.edu<mailto:cweitz at hms.harvard.edu>. Please include a cover letter, Curriculum Vitae, a brief statement of research expertise and interests, and contact information for three references.