[3dem] Invitation to "Scipion for Facilities" Workshop - November 5-7, 2024

Daniel Marchan da.marchan at cnb.csic.es
Mon Jul 22 02:01:25 PDT 2024

**

*Dear all,*

*

The Instruct Image Processing Center in Spain is delighted to invite you
to join us for the annual "Scipion for Facilities" workshop from
November 5-7, 2024. This event aims to share our experiences as
facilities using Scipion, discuss our workflows, and highlight new
developments that could benefit our community in daily operations. We
believe that our ingenious community has much to offer, and there is a
great deal we can learn from each other.

This year, we aim to innovate and encourage in-person attendance due to
the positive experiences we've had in the past. The workshop will be
divided into two parts:

 1.

    Course (Practical Session):

      *

        Date: November 5 (evening)

      *

        Format: In-person only

      *

        processing and addressing various practical topics. Participants
        will have access to prepared machines with all necessary
        installations.

 2.

    Main Workshop:

      *

        Dates: November 6-7

      *

        Format: Hybrid (both in-person and remote participation)

      *

        developments and best practices for processing data from SPA and
        tomography.

The workshop will be held at the Spanish National Centre for
Biotechnology in Madrid, Spain. For the practical session on November 5,
in-person attendance is required, and you must select this option on the
registration page to ensure we prepare a machine for you. The main
workshop on November 6-7 can be attended either in person or remotely.

Link to Registration and Information Page:

*https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://i2pc.es/scipion-for-facilities-practical-course-and-workshop-november-5th-amp-7th-2024/__;!!Mih3wA!D4jRgJPyKD8gXyfcmKBrMrEAZOHb30RYQRQqoUz4YmV2jpqZHsapdbm1qYxisjJ7ICG4i036jEIbPDey6AH8eRW9rw$
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://i2pc.es/scipion-for-facilities-practical-course-and-workshop-november-5th-amp-7th-2024/__;!!Mih3wA!D4jRgJPyKD8gXyfcmKBrMrEAZOHb30RYQRQqoUz4YmV2jpqZHsapdbm1qYxisjJ7ICG4i036jEIbPDey6AH8eRW9rw$ >*

Further details, such as class locations, meeting links, and
instructions for reaching the centre, will be provided in the months
leading up to the workshop.

Our main objective with this meeting is to exchange knowledge and
establish new collaborations between cryoEM facilities. We hope you will
join us and, if you have any questions, please do not hesitate to
contact us.

Best regards,

**

Biocomputing Unit CNB.