[3dem] pumping down liquid nitrogen dewars (Andrzej ?ak)

Kikuti Carlos Carlos.Kikuti at curie.fr
Fri Feb 23 00:44:11 PST 2024

Morgen !

I’m always scared by old containers under pressure… even when they are not under pressure, if you are the one paying for N2 you might consider replacing it entirely. From the top of my head, the price for a 60 L pressurized N2 container was around 1.5 k€ or less (I might be mixing up things from several years ago, so don’t take it as an official quote). We have good contact with Air Liquide, which are the biggest, if not the only provider of N2, O2, CO2, Ar in France. They sent someone to see our needs and give advice for free. They also sell some connectors and accessories. I don’t know if they work in Germany, though, but I believe/hope it is possible to find the same kind of service.

Carlos KIKUTI, PhD
UMR144 - CNRS - Institut Curie
Pavillon Trouillet Rossignol
26 Rue d’Ulm - 75005 Paris, France