[3dem] Postdoctoral Position in Ion Channel Structure and Function - UTHealth Houston, TX

Serysheva, Irina I Irina.I.Serysheva at uth.tmc.edu
Wed Aug 28 12:21:24 PDT 2024

Dear Colleagues,
A postdoctoral position in structural biology is available in the laboratory of Irina Serysheva in the Department of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology at the McGovern Medical School, University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to join our research team to explore the molecular mechanisms underlying transport across cellular membranes, with a particular focus on calcium channels. Our research integrates a wide range of techniques, including biochemistry, molecular biology, biophysics, cell biology, electron cryo-microscopy, and bioinformatics. We have access to state-of-the-art equipment and the resources necessary for these studies. Our campus is equipped with eight advanced microscopes: Titan Krios, two Glacios, Aquilos Cryo-FIB/iFLM™, JEOL 3200FSC, JEOL 2200FS, JEOL 2100, JEOL1230, as well as FEI Vitrobot and Leica automatic plunge-freezer, along with dedicated GPU+CPU clusters.
This position is funded for 2.0 years, with the possibility of extension up to 4 years. The ideal candidate should hold a PhD in Biochemistry or a related field, with substantial experience in one or more structural biology techniques (cryo-EM, X-ray crystallography, or NMR). Additional experience in biochemistry would be an asset.
Interested candidates should send a CV, a statement of interest, and contact information for three references, all compiled into a single PDF file, to Irina.I.Serysheva at uth.tmc.edu<mailto:Irina.I.Serysheva at uth.tmc.edu>.
For more information about our recent work, please visit: https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://med.uth.edu/bmb/serysheva/__;!!Mih3wA!G6ekWTG22S0-O2hLi1s4TIyQfNjP_s05N6oERqgfB8eAU7xPMq_ZJxjum08G7ej5CXJo113FdhLeFP-H4sP6PjV6No31ZjkIyg$

Irina I. Serysheva, Ph.D.

Jesse H. Jones Chair,

Professor of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology,

Director of Structural Biology Imaging Center

at McGovern Medical School

The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston

6431 Fannin, MSB 6.102, Houston, TX 77030

Tel.: 713-500-5523 (office); 713-500-6232 (lab)

Fax: 713-500-0652

E-mail: Irina.I.Serysheva at uth.tmc.edu<mailto:Irina.I.Serysheva at uth.tmc.edu>

              irinas at bcm.edu<mailto:irinas at bcm.edu>

https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://med.uth.edu/bmb/faculty/irina-i-serysheva-phd/__;!!Mih3wA!G6ekWTG22S0-O2hLi1s4TIyQfNjP_s05N6oERqgfB8eAU7xPMq_ZJxjum08G7ej5CXJo113FdhLeFP-H4sP6PjV6No1IR9heIg$

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to another with no loss of enthusiasm" - Sir Winston Churchill