[3dem] Inconsistent Blotting with GP2

Ivica Odorčić Ivica.Odorcic at vub.be
Thu Aug 22 01:48:43 PDT 2024

What we found works very well is to cut out a piece of thin plastic (such as the clear cover of a plastic paper folder) with a slightly smaller diameter than the filter paper (also cut the hole). Then glue the paper to the plastic with a glue stick (just enough glue to hold them together). Mount it in the plunger with the paper facing the grid and this will keep the paper flat at constant 100% humidity. After plunging, you can easily separate the paper and plastic, wash the plastic and reuse it.

Ivica Odorcic