[3dem] Spring 2023 Tomography and Cryo-FIB Workshop at UW-Madison (April 17-20, 2023)

Elizabeth R Wright erwright2 at wisc.edu
Mon Feb 6 10:40:18 PST 2023

Hi Everyone,

We are happy to announce the Spring 2023 Tomography and Cryo-FIB Workshop at the Midwest Center for Cryo-ET at UW-Madison. The workshop will be held from April 17-20, 2023. In addition to our MCCET team, we have an exciting group of confirmed external speakers/trainers that includes Alberto Bartesaghi (Duke), Daija Bobe (NCITU), Alex Hall (TFS), Zunlong Ke (MPI), Lauren Ann Metskas (Purdue), Marisa Otegui (UW-Madison), Sergey Suslov (TFS), and Veronika Vrbovska (TFS).

The morning theory sessions of the workshop will be hybrid and the afternoon practical sessions will be in-person only.

Training topics will include:

  *   Introduction to cryo-ET including the basic principles of dose tolerance, illumination, and tilt series collection parameters.
  *   Training in data acquisition workflows that include screening, data collection, flexible scripting, and basic data processing.
  *   Hands-on skills development with specimen preparation methods including PRIMO micro-patterning, plunge freezing, high-pressure freezing, and other novel approaches.
  *   Instruction in 2D/3D correlative imaging workflows using a cryo-confocal microscope and the integrated fluorescence module in the Aquilos 2.
  *   Guidance in FIB-milling with AutoTEM and advanced FIB workflows such as waffle milling and lift-out methods.
Please register by using this link: https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://explore.wisc.edu/LP=1397__;!!Mih3wA!HAc5ilc-3-5wbDWHECfX1npSTxsVCgDHCjl5obA3dizBUkVR6HMgvbBFINNh-ctpt8Ihr6VtjqDmR22WGk3vFmE$
Registration closes on March 3, 2023.

If you have any questions, please reach us at cryoem at biochem.wisc.edu<mailto:cryoem at biochem.wisc.edu>

Best regards,

Liz

----
Elizabeth R. Wright, PhD
Professor, Department of Biochemistry
Cryo-Electron Microscopy Research Center
Midwest Center for Cryo-Electron Tomography
University of Wisconsin-Madison
Morgridge Institute for Research
erwright2 at wisc.edu<mailto:erwright2 at wisc.edu>

Assistant: Alex Cotten