[3dem] Relion STAR format for filaments

Thorsten Wagner thorsten.wagner at mpi-dortmund.mpg.de
Mon Oct 31 02:31:12 PDT 2022

Hi,

I would like to provide better relion star files when picking filaments with crYOLO.

So far the star files crYOLO provides contain start - end coordinates.

However, crYOLO is actually tracing the individual filaments and therefore they can be curvy - how do I provide those traced filaments to relion? So far we are using a detour using traced .box coordinates ( https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://cryolo.readthedocs.io/en/latest/other/other.html*import-cryolo-filament-coordinates-into-relion__;Iw!!Mih3wA!HdvpSDGhaRAa8gwB4__jNgKJjdMhj6IROxfK5eJ1SGjbqmbQZ0Hp5cy1PXnQIlySjkxhzu4nsrrJypZyVScqf9AUxMD-b6qm4S2yga7Q$   ).  But I would rather like to provide proper formatted star files.

My guess would be that I need simply provide the individual rlnCoordinateX / rlnCoordinateY  coordinates together with a rlnHelicalTubeID ? I assume I can also provide precalcualted rlnAnglePsiPrior ?

Sorry, but I did not found any documentation about this.

Best,

Thorsten

Dr. Thorsten Wagner

Project Group Leader - Computational Structural Biology

Max-Planck-Institute of Molecular Physiology

Structural Biochemistry

Otto-Hahn Strasse 11

D-44227 Dortmund

Phone +49-(0)231-133-2302