[3dem] icing with Gatan ELSA 698

Michael Elbaum michael.elbaum at weizmann.ac.il
Thu Oct 20 23:43:02 PDT 2022

Hi Tim,

I agree with Marc, it sounds like residual water vapor that condenses on some other surface at -130C. Can you monitor the vacuum while doing a cryo-cycle, or at least do a very long one? We had a bug that set the default duration too short (on a Tecnai) and running the vacuum monitor was very useful. Or does the problem appear only with this particular holder?

Michael