[3dem] Sanofi US (Cambridge, MA, USA) is hiring a cryo-EM structural biologist (Scientist II)

Iozzo, Yuri /US Yuri.Iozzo at sanofi.com
Tue Mar 1 06:34:49 PST 2022

Hi everyone,
Sanofi is hiring Scientist II. I am looking for a structural biologist with cryo-EM experience. Job location is in Cambridge, Massachusetts, USA.
Feel, free to send resumes of suitable candidates. My email: yuri.iozzo at sanofi.com<mailto:yuri.iozzo at sanofi.com>

Job Description:

Sanofi's Large Molecule Research department has an exciting opportunity for a structural biologist to contribute to pharmaceutical research.  The scientist will help expand the successful cryo-EM unit in our structural biology group that is generating high-resolution structures of protein complexes and novel structure-function research. The candidate will be responsible for all aspects of the single particle cryo-EM process, from sample preparation and data collection through 3-D reconstruction. We are seeking an outstanding structural biologist and collaborator who will impact and accelerate our portfolio.
Location: Cambridge, MA.

Key Responsibilities:

  *   Effective communication with project teams for coordinated use of structural biology to accelerate drug discovery.
  *   Deliver structural biology project support for Sanofi's project teams in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
  *   Deep understanding and analysis of data and results with ability to communicate findings and project impact to global multidisciplinary project teams.

Basic qualifications

  *   PhD in protein biochemistry, biophysics, structural biology, or related discipline. Candidates with only MSc degree and with an appropriate experience will be considered.
  *   Expertise in cryo-EM grid preparation and screening and data collection.
  *   Single particle EM data processing, three-dimensional structure determination and model building.
  *   Cryo-EM research contributions demonstrated through authorship in peer-reviewed publication(s).

Preferred Qualifications

  *   Self-motivated and able to handle multiple challenging projects in parallel
  *   Excellent communication and presentation skills to enhance team-based progress
  *   Ability to work independently and effectively within timelines and collaborate in a highly multidisciplinary environment
  *   Experience with recombinant protein techniques including construct design, protein expression, purification, and biophysical characterization. Experience in HPLC, FPLC, PAGE is a plus.
  *   Computational skills are preferred, but not required. Basic understanding of Linux terminal usage/shell-scripting is required.

Dr. Yuri Iozzo
Principal Scientist
Large Molecule Research
49 New York Avenue, Ste 3600, Framingham, MA 01701
Tel: (508) 270-2423
yuri.iozzo at sanofi.com<mailto:yuri.iozzo at sanofi.com>
[cid:image001.png at 01D82D4F.97948930]<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.sanofi.com_&d=DwIF-g&c=-35OiAkTchMrZOngvJPOeA&r=L7-zyQ-04fFCMRqzLIOnx7H0exGZHwIQe_wMPuY600I&m=gCYx4n5QGCKNSypuardaOj8CebitT8HNz9CV3eEMTOxB66ZLYXFs3Mqa-1sPf0d-&s=8CfQwc8sJK7XTOspWWrHC1yD5c8U7VCWicsekkIwtOk&e= >